Clubs were created as mutual organisations through which communities could provide facilities that were otherwise beyond their means.
The ClubGRANTS scheme covers activities that are aimed at improving the living standards of low income and disadvantaged people.
Although the scheme is is a requirement of regulations, each year participating clubs voluntarily exceed the minimum requirements.
Each year licensed clubs contribute large funding through the ClubGRANTS scheme category 1 funding.
These funds assist non-profit community groups in their delivery of projects and services that support local disadvantaged communities.
Applications for ClubGRANTS commence in February of each year. For more information on how to apply visit ClubsNSW.
Organisations assisted by Mayfield Ex-Services Club Ltd.
Year ended August 2018
Each and every year Mex Club provides ongoing financial support to a broad range of community organisations.
In the past Club Grant year we supported the following groups:
• Mark Hughes Foundation
• Hunter Youth Mentor Collaborative
• Waratah Mayfield Islington RSL Sub Branch Ltd
• Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation
• Waratah Mayfield Junior RLFC
• BNC Netball Club
• Diggers Netball Club
• East Mayfield Junior Rugby Club
• Ronald McDonald House
• Immune Deficiency Foundation Australia
• Basketball Association of Newcastle
• National Service Association of NSW
• Lions Club Mayfield
• Mayfield East Public School
• Newcastle Pipe Band
(c) 2019 Mayfield Ex-Services Club trading as Mex Club. ABN 82 000 995 602. 58 Hanbury Street Mayfield NSW 2304. Ph: (02) 4968 4411